While the time for spring cleaning may have passed you by, there are various changes you can make to breathe some summer sunshine into your apartment this June. This doesn’t mean you have to plan to completely remodel or redecorate the space, as sometimes, even the smallest changes can have the biggest impact when it comes to interior design. Furthermore, changing up things such as color schemes and furniture throughout the year can entirely transform how your apartment feels, reducing the chances of you feeling bored of the space.
Therefore, if you’re looking to turn your flat from a fixer-upper into a dream apartment, you can use these tips to pull off the perfect summertime makeover!
- Replace bulky curtains with lightweight blinds so that you can make the most of natural light and sunshine – especially if you’re working from home or spending a lot of time indoors.
- Bring a splash of seasonal color into your home by getting your hands on some fresh flowers. You can even arrange Flower Delivery online by reaching out to a local florist. Flowers are a great way to change how a space looks or feels without having to make too many changes – and they look perfect wherever you chose to display them in your home.
- In the winter months, you’ll probably focus on making your home as warm and cozy as possible – which often means you have an abundance of throws, pillows, and blankets lying around. While this is a great way to achieve the perfect winter aesthetic, they’ll likely feel suffocating when it’s warm outside. Therefore, you should ensure you store these items away during the summer.
- Switch out cushion covers, looking for bold and bright designs and colors that simply scream summer. For example, you should keep an eye out for pops of yellow and orange, and red.
- If you’re finding it hard to sleep, switch out your winter duvet for light sheets that will help you stay cool and comfortable throughout the night. This is yet another excellent opportunity to bring in a splash of color.
- If you’ve put together a summer-themed color scheme, why not look for peel and stick wallpaper that matches your design? This is a great way to transform the space without altering it permanently – as you can simply remove the paper when you are done.
- Find ways to bring nature into your home. For example, in addition to flowers, you could also bring various plants into your home. If you weren’t born with a natural green thumb, focus on plants that don’t require too much attention or regular maintenance – such as succulents. Alternatively, you could also buy fake plants so that you never have to worry about taking care of them.
- If you have a balcony or any outdoor space, ensure you make the most of it. Throw open the doors to let in the fresh air, and give it a little TLC in time for summer BBQs and evening drinks. For example, one way you could enhance your outdoor space’s quality is by adding outdoor lights.