Traveling for me is a love-hate relationship. I love to travel the world and explore new places, but I hate packing and unpacking (and the actual “travel” part of the trip). Since I’m going to Korea in a couple days, I wanted to share with you what items I will be bringing in my carry-on.
1. Laptop – This is a MUST, especially on those long international flights where there is a lot of waiting around. Catch up on emails, watch a movie or just surf the web.
2. Camera – If I’m traveling some where special, especially outside of the country, I like to bring my Digital SLR camera. There’s nothing better than looking back through old pictures, so it’s nice to have them on a camera vs. a phone.
3. Sleep Eye Mask – I’m one of those people that needs complete darkness to sleep, so an eye mask is crucial for some in-flight shut eye.
4. Extra Set of Clothes – There have been multiple times when my luggage unfortunately gets “lost” at the airport. That being said, you want to be prepared with at least one extra set of clothes, just in case.
5. Basic Makeup – Just like the above, in case the airlines decide to lose your bags, I like to keep my basic makeup with me; foundation, mascara, eyeliner, blush.
6. Moisturizer – Airplanes are notorious for drying out your skin. The recycled air on planes sucks out all the moisture in your face. I like to apply a moisturizer or night cream on my face as soon as I get on a plane to ensure that my skin behaves the rest of the trip.
7. Neck Pillow – Sleeping on a plane is never comfortable, but having a neck pillow can assist slightly in helping you fall asleep.
8. Headphones – Although most airplanes provide headphones for you, I like to bring my own heavy-duty noise canceling headphones.
9. Earplugs – Nothing is worse than a snoring person or crying baby on a flight when you’re trying to sleep. Bring earplugs, you’ll thank me later.
10. Wallet – Of course when traveling you don’t want to forget the essentials; money, ID and your passport.
What do you like to bring in your carry-on?