Anxiety can creep up at any moment. For me it usually happens when I’m trying to fall asleep. My chest will start to tighten, my heart races and it honestly feels like little spiders are crawling in my heart. It’s not a fun feeling. It’s taken me a year to get a handle on my anxiety, and by no means am I cured. I still get that creepy crawly feeling every once in a while but not nearly as bad as I used to get. These are tips that I like to do when I’m feeling anxious to help with those feelings.
- Take a deep breath. This might sound simple but taking a few deep breaths really helps to calm down your nervous system.
- Try meditating. This is definitely something I need to do more often but meditation can really help. I love the app Headspace, because I find the guys voice to be very soothing.
- Go for a walk. Getting outside in the fresh air and taking a walk can help you to relax.
- Talk to someone. When I’m feeling super anxious, I’ll text my best friend or give my parents a call. Talk to someone you trust, who won’t judge you when you’re having these anxious thoughts. The worst person to talk to is the one who tells you to “just get over it”. Anxiety is not something you can “just get over”.
- Try CDB. I enjoy using a CBD vape, my favorite is lavender flavored and you can get it here.
- Exercise. This is one of those things you might not do in the moment, but exercising regularly can help combat those anxious feelings.
- Music. Listen to your favorite song, or watch a music video. I find music to be very therapeutic.
- Therapy. I think EVERYONE can use therapy. I actually love going to therapy and I think people should feel encouraged to talk about their feelings more.
- Medication. I’m not a doctor, so please go see a doctor if you wanting to learn more about medication. But for me, medication has been a game changer with my anxiety.
- Just know that it will pass. When you’re feeling anxious, it sometimes seems like you will feel like this way forever. But try to remind yourself, that this feeling will pass.
If you guys have any tips on what you do when you’re feeling anxious, let me know in the comments below!