Hey guys its Catherine from Collective Passions! Today I’m going to be sharing a yummy recipe perfect for meal prepping for the week. This recipe is something I came up with when I was tired of making eggs every single day, why go through that trouble when you can just reheat an egg bake? An egg bake is extremely versatile so feel free to add your favorite veggies and cheeses.
I have experimented with different versions and found this combination works best.
Egg Bake Recipe
1 Carton of Egg Whites
One medium Zucchini
Half a carton of mini portabella mushrooms
Half a carton of tomatoes (or more depending on your preference)
Add any veggie you want: onions, spinach, peppers, etc.
Add cheese on top (highly suggested), I usually add Daiya cheese, but cheddar would taste great as well.
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Get out a large bowl, add your egg white carton and four eggs to the bowl
whisk together and place aside
- In the meantime, get our your veggies and start chopping! I suggest chopping the veggies into smaller pieces.
- Add all the veggies with the eggs in the bowl and mix together
- Spray a pan (I use olive oil spray, or coconut oil spray) I usually use a large rectangular glass Pyrex pan (about 4 quartz) and pour your bowl into the pan
- Spread everything over evenly and add your cheese to the top
- Bake for 30 minutes (add or minus 5 minutes depending on your pan size)
- Cut into squares and cool completely before putting it in the refrigerator (to avoid condensation and the egg bake getting soggy)
This recipe is super easy to make, it’ll take less than 20 minutes to prepare, and is perfect for on the go. Have you ever made an egg bake or egg muffins before? Leave it in the comments.
Hey loves! It’s Catherine, today I am back to Guest blog and share another delicious and easy recipe perfect for summertime. I just recently moved to Raleigh, NC so I know first hand cooking in the heat is dreadful and turning on the oven is a huge no. This recipe is light, dairy free and can be modified with all different types of pasta and ingredients. Photo Cred: OhSheGlows
Avocado Pesto Cream Sauce over Pasta
(Adapted from OhSheGlows)
- 2 servings of pasta (could be regular, whole wheat, spelt, brown rice, quinoa)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
- Basil leaves (fresh about 5-6)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with salt, so the pasta doesn’t stick, cook your pasta according to the directions on the package.
- While your pasta is cooking, get out your food processor or blender/ Vitamix
- Add the basil and garlic to the food processor and pulse
- Cut your ripe avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out both sides into the food processor along with your lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Process all of the ingredients until the sauce is smooth and creamy, if it is took thick add some water or more olive oil
- Place your pasta in a bowl and place the avocado cream sauce on top
Photo Cred: OhSheGlows
(Optional: add in spinach, mushrooms, chicken, broccoli, asparagus anything your heart desires)
- Serve and Enjoy!
This recipe is so flavorful and a staple for putting together a quick dinner in less than ten-fifteen minutes, I promise you will love it. Let me know if you try it out! Leave it in the comments, until next time.
Follow Catherine on Instagram @cmarchet
Don’t let the name fool you! This is one of the yummiest and EASIEST cakes you will ever make! With just four simple ingredients all you have to do is dump everything into a pan and bake (hence the name).
Cherry-Pineapple Dump Cake
1 can cherry pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple
boxed cake mix (we used yellow)
1 1/2 sticks of butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Dump the cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple into a baking dish and mix them together. Pour the cake mix on top of the mixture evenly. Slice butter and spread slices out evenly on top. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until the top is brown and bubbly. We obviously served it à la mode. And voilà! A tasty and easy dessert to impress your friends and family (or devour on your own!)