Music heals the soul. It really does. As some of you may know, I recently went through a pretty rough breakup. A breakup sucks. Sometimes after a breakup you don’t know what to do or where to turn to in order to feel better. Music for me was a huge savior. It helped to pull me out of some really dark times. Listening to the lyrics of these songs gave me something to relate to. When you’re going through a rough time, sometimes all you need is to know that you are not alone in what you are feeling.
Over the past few months I’ve put together a Spotify playlist of songs. The first two months after my breakup, I probably listened to this playlist everyday on repeat. Now I only listen to it every once in a while. I love each and every single one of these songs because they really describe every post-breakup feeling. From sadness, to anger, to I love you, to I hate you and everything else in between.
This is my ultimate breakup playlist; I’ve Done Love.
I feel like I say this every month when I put up a playlist, but time is really flying by. We’re already four months into 2015. CRAZY. I’m excited for this month because I will be traveling to Korea to visit my family, and I’m excited to take you all on my journey!
This past month I’ve been OBSESSED with the show Empire, therefore I had to include a bunch of songs from the show in my April Playlist. If you haven’t seen Empire yet, I highly recommend it. I’ve already hooked my best friend onto it, and we normally don’t like the same type of shows. I even took a spin class last week at FlyWheel that was Empire themed, needless to say, it was awesome. To check out my April Playlist, click here.
1.BORNS | Seeing Stars
2. Major Lazer | Lean On (Feat. MO & DJ Snake)
3. Phoebe Ryan | Ignition / Do You (Mashup)
4. Empire Cast | Conqueror (Feat. Estee and Jussie Smollett)
5. Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne | Real Love
6. Matoma, The Notorious B.I.G | Old Thing Back (Feat. Ja Rule and Ralph Tresvant)
7. Jason Derulo | Want To Want Me
8. Empire Cast | Drip Drop (Feat. Yazz and Serayah McNeill)
9. Chris Brown, Tyga | Ayo
10. Drake | Energy
11. MAX | Gibberish (Feat. Hoodie Allen)
12. Cashmere Cat, Ariana Grande | Adore
13. Niykee Heaton | Skin Tight
14. Nick Jonas | Chains
15. Empire Cast | What Is Love (Feat. V. Bozeman)
Can you believe it’s already March? I feel like the New Year just started and here we are almost to Spring. This month has already been a whirlwind. We started out celebrating Esther’s birthday by attending a charity event for Planned Parenthood (check out our post about it here), followed by a girls trip to Vegas. Now that we’re back in LaLa Land, things haven’t exactly slowed down. We’re excited to see where the rest of the month takes us! In the meantime, check out our March Playlist now on Spotify!
- Ben Howard | Small Things
- KANEHOLLER | Paper Games
- Florence + The Machine | What Kind of Man
- Ariana Grande | Be My Baby
- Broods | Bridges
- Big Sean (feat. Ariana Grande) | Research
- Sir Sly | Leave You
- SNBRN and Kerli | Raindrops
- Grouplove | Shark Attack
- Carly Rae Jepsen| I Really Like You
- Coasts | A Rush Of Blood
- Life of Dillon| Overload
- Good Old War | Weak Man
- Nashville Cast (Lennon & Maisy) | Heart On Fire
- David Gray | Fugitive
- Flo Rida | Once In A Lifetime
- Josh Garrels | White Owl
- Kygo | Firestone
- Skrillex and Diplo (feat. Justin Bieber) | Where Are U Now
- Jasmine Thompson | La La La