Hey loves! It’s Catherine, today I am back to Guest blog and share another delicious and easy recipe perfect for summertime. I just recently moved to Raleigh, NC so I know first hand cooking in the heat is dreadful and turning on the oven is a huge no. This recipe is light, dairy free and can be modified with all different types of pasta and ingredients. Photo Cred: OhSheGlows
Avocado Pesto Cream Sauce over Pasta
(Adapted from OhSheGlows)
- 2 servings of pasta (could be regular, whole wheat, spelt, brown rice, quinoa)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
- Basil leaves (fresh about 5-6)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with salt, so the pasta doesn’t stick, cook your pasta according to the directions on the package.
- While your pasta is cooking, get out your food processor or blender/ Vitamix
- Add the basil and garlic to the food processor and pulse
- Cut your ripe avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out both sides into the food processor along with your lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Process all of the ingredients until the sauce is smooth and creamy, if it is took thick add some water or more olive oil
- Place your pasta in a bowl and place the avocado cream sauce on top
(Optional: add in spinach, mushrooms, chicken, broccoli, asparagus anything your heart desires)
- Serve and Enjoy!
This recipe is so flavorful and a staple for putting together a quick dinner in less than ten-fifteen minutes, I promise you will love it. Let me know if you try it out! Leave it in the comments, until next time.
Follow Catherine on Instagram @cmarchet