We love the idea of filling your space with words and objects that inspire you. For this DIY project, we will show you how to make beautiful word art that acts as both decoration and a daily spark to keep you motivated.
What you need:
Gold marker (we used the Sharpie oil-based paint pen)
1) Choose the colors you want to use and pool them on your paper. We like to add extra water and hold the paper up, spinning it around to mix the colors together and make a circle shape.
2) Hang your paintings to dry. Don’t worry about them looking perfect, we love the look of the drips.
3) Once they are dry, write out your quote or saying in pencil, then trace over it in the gold marker. You can easily erase the pencil lines afterwards.
4) I’m no pro at hand lettering, but an easy tip to make the letters look more dimensional is to thicken the downward strokes.
5) Add any finishing touches you’d like! We decided to add some gold polka dots to our frame ($3.50 at Hobby Lobby!) for a little something extra.