Is it just me or is this holiday season creeping up REAL quick. I’ve barely done any of my holiday shopping yet and so I’m starting to scramble to get them done. If you’re like me and are doing everything last minute, here is a holiday gift guide that’s perfect for you! I’ve picked out some items for every type of girl on your list. Whether she’s a homebody, the fashionista or the techie, here are some things you can get!
1. Marble Picture Frame – $25
2. LuMee iPhone Case – $69.95
3. Black Booties – $69.96 (on sale now!)
4. Capri Blue Candle – $39
5. Knit Throw – $99
6. Faux Fur Coat – $150
7. Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow – $53
8. Nest Indoor Camera – $199
The weekend before Thanksgiving, my roommates and I decided to throw a last minute holiday party at our apartment. This was basically just an excuse for me to cook and try out new recipes. I wanted to share with you guys the foods that we made because they were all a hit!
Cheese and Meats: First off how cute is this marble cutting board I got from Anthropologie?? I’m obsessed! I wanted to put it to good use so we got a bunch of different cheese and meats. Put your favorites together and mix and match! Put some grapes and crackers in a separate bowl and you got yourself a snack!
Cranberry Brie Bites: I saw a video on Facebook with this recipe so I wanted to recreate it. Here is a recipe for something similar. Instead of using puff pastry I just used canned biscuits. They came out SO good! I want to make these again! They were also good reheated up the next day.
Apple Gruyere Toast: I got this recipe a couple years ago from one of Carly Cristman’s videos. It’s my friends favorite and super easy to make! I make these at every get together we have, and they always go so quick! I couldn’t find the video because it was a few years old, but basically you take a baguette, cut it up. Place apple slices and gruyere cheese on top and bake at 350 until the cheese is melted.
Peppermint and White Chocolate Pretzels from Trader Joes: These are seriously my crack. I can’t get enough. I can pretty much eat an entire bag of these in one sitting.
Puppy Chow: This reminds me of my childhood. It’s such an easy snack to make and is perfect for the holidays. Here is the recipe for that.
Lemon Snowball Cookies (not pictured): I also baked these lemon snowball cookies that were AMAZING! If you love lemon then you’ll love these cookies. They literally melt in your mouth. Here is the recipe for that.
There you guys have it! Those are the things we put together for our last minute holiday party! What are some of your favorite holiday recipes? Let me know in the comments down below!
We all have that one friend that’s constantly updated on all their tech gadgets. Here are some gift ideas for those friends who always need the latest and greatest.
1. Style Cordz – $29.99
2. Jawbone UP4 – $199.99
3. Virtual Keyboard – $119.99
4. Soundbot Water Resistant Bluetooth Speaker – $20.99
5. BaubleBar x FRENDS Headphones – $175
6. Metrokane Electric Corkscrew – $49.95
7. Apple Ipad Air 2 – $499
8. Polaroid ‘Zip’ Mobile Printer – $129.99
9. Apple TV – $199
Here are all the Labor Day sales that you should know are happening.
BaubleBar: Snag 50-60% off select styles
Luxe Me Now: 50% everything using code LABORDAY
NastyGal: Get an extra 30% off sale items
Jawbreaking: Free shipping on all orders using code LABORDAY
Threadsence: 30% off the entire site using code LABORYAY
Enjoy shopping and enjoy the long weekend, I sure will!
Dress: thrifted [similar] // Shoes: Vans // Sunglasses: thrifted [similar] // Necklaces: DIY, Mr. Kate
This past week has been a whirlwind! I finally got to slow down this weekend, spending it in Newport laying on the beach and eating copious amounts of Valentine’s Day candy. Speaking of Valentine’s Day, my boyfriend got me these leather Sk8-His that I’ve been wanting foreverrr and I’ve been wearing them nonstop. They seriously make any outfit instantly cooler and I’m loving pairing them with girlier pieces like this sack of a dress I found at Goodwill a few years ago and recently hacked off the bottom.
Another item I haven’t taken off is my vivofit by Garmin. It’s essentially a Fitbit and tracks my steps, as well as my sleep (and tells time!). The irony lies in the fact that it was supposed to help me be healthier, when in reality, it only makes me painfully aware of how unhealthy I actually am.
These photos were taken on President’s Day, when Esther, our friend Becca, and I decided to hit up some of the most Instagrammed landmarks in LA, and of course our first stop was the Paul Smith building on Melrose. I actually can’t believe I’ve never taken a photo here before, but we more than made up for it with the insane photoshoot that ensued (laying on the concrete was involved). Hope everyone had a wonderful and restful President’s Day weekend!
It’s hard to believe that Valentine’s Day is just a few days away. With that in mind, we’ve decided to create a playlist all about love and picked our top 14 “love” songs for you to listen to this February 14th. With some classic love songs and some contemporary hits, this playlist has a song for every love!
- Matt White | Love
- Maroon 5 | Sugar
- Ellie Goulding | Love Me Like You Do
- Boyz II Men | I’ll Make Love To You
- Echosmith | Bright
- Ed Sheeran | Thinking Out Loud
- Katy Perry | Unconditionally
- Ray LaMontagne | Hold You in My Arms
- N’Sync | This I Promise You
- Good Old War | Amazing Eyes
- Joe | I Wanna Know
- Brian McKnight | Back At One
- Ben Howard | Only Love
- Celine Dion | Because You Loved Me
We’ve made it to our final holiday gift guide. This is for all the girls out there (who run the world? GIRLS!). Whether it’s your mom, sister or best friend, sometimes shopping for a girl can be the hardest. Here are our favorite picks to help you get her something special this holiday.
1. Nothing says luxury like a pair of slippers that can be worn both around the house and out on the town.
2. For that girl that takes a million selfies, this is the perfect gift.
3. Celebrate the holidays the right way with some champs.
4. A sweet journal that she can look back on for years.
5. Every coffee lover will appreciate this Starbucks blend.
6. Pamper her with this luxurious honey bath from Laura Mercier.
7. Not only does Warby Parker have the coolest shades, but for every pair bought, they give a pair to someone in need.
8. This one is for all those yogis out there.
9. Make her the best smelling girl around with this perfume set.
10. We all have a friend who’s cracked their iPhone, here’s a way to save their day.
11. A personalized gift that won’t break the bank.
This gift guide is perfect for the man in your life, whether it be your significant other, dad, or brother. And with everything priced under $25, you can spoil them with lots of presents this year!
1. This beer chiller is the perfect for the impatient beer connoisseur
2. Nobody likes beard burn! Keep his face silky smooth with this shave set
3. Help him document every adventure with the GoPro rechargeable battery
4. This money clip is sleek and stylish. Personalize it for a gift he’ll keep forever.
5. These Stance socks are perfect for cozying up on a cold night
6. The merman in your life will appreciate this classic surf wax
7. Liven up any party with this iPhone amplifier
8. This watch is waterproof and makes a statement with its eye-popping color!
9. Give the gift of good music with Ben Howard’s latest album on vinyl
10. Keep him on his toes with this Patagonia frisbee
Christmas is approaching fast and I for one have barely even started shopping for gifts yet. Here on GWB we’ve decided to start a little gift guide series to help those of you (like ourselves) who might need a little help coming up with gifts for your loved ones. The first in the series are for those home decor lovers. Here are our top picks for what to get them:
1. A scalloped diamond pillow pretty enough for the bedroom.
2. Nothing says “dope” like this chic lucite box.
3. These coasters adds the perfect amount of sparkle to any table.
4. A functional and fabulous serving bowl.
5. Bring a pop of color into your home with this gorgeous throw pillow.
6. A glamorous spade, for all your tiny trinkets.
7. Brighten up your desk with this gorgeous calendar.
8. Tic Tac Toe is no longer for adults, this will for sure be a crowd favorite.
It’s that time of year again! Time for all the holly jolly Christmas tunes to play. That being said, we’ve created a playlist with our top ten favorite holiday songs. As much as we love the classics, we’re all about these pop hits this year – you can’t have a Christmas soundtrack without some Mariah! We’ll definitely be listening to this playlist on repeat all month (we’ve even been known to force our Uber drivers into blasting it) and so should you! Go check it out here!
1. Mariah Carey | All I Want for Christmas is You
2. Chris Brown | This Christmas
3. Britney Spears | My Only Wish (This Year)
4. Celine Dion | Feliz Navidad
5. N*Sync | Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays
6. Jessica Simpson & Nick Lachey | Baby, It’s Cold Outside
7. Amy Grant | My Grown-Up Christmas List
8. Faith Hill | Where Are You Christmas
9. Carrie Underwood | Do You Hear What I Hear?
10. Mariah Carey | O Holy Night