Can you guys believe it’s already 2018?! Seriously where did the year go? But also, thank God. I could not be more ready to start a new year. 2017 was definitely one of the hardest years for me. The year started out great but then the second half of the year I hit a wall. I struggled with severe anxiety (something I want to eventually write a post on), a break up, and a lot more. After what seemed like rock bottom, the only place to go is up.
I’ve never really been much of a new years resolution kind of girl, but this year I’m really trying to start fresh. That being said, I’ve read a lot recently about how writing down your goals can help you achieve them. So here we go, here are some of my goals for 2018.
1. Cook more. In 2017 I realized I spend A LOT of money on going out to eat. Now I love checking out new restaurants and food places (especially brunch, hello my blog name!), but that being said I don’t need to spend ALL of my money going out to eat. I’m going to try to go grocery shopping once a week so that I can meal prep. It’s also so much easier to eat healthy when you prep your own foods. If ya’ll have any recipes that you love, leave them in the comments for me to try!
2. Workout more. This is pretty much on everyones new years resolutions list but I’m going to try not to be that girl who only does it for the month of January. I’ve noticed that when I workout consistently, my body and mind just feel better. I am aiming to go to three workout classes a week.
3. Beat my anxiety. Now sadly, anxiety is probably something I won’t completely be able to get rid of for good. However, I’ve been taking steps the past few months to help minimize my anxiety (working out, therapy etc). This year, I want to really focus on getting past my anxiety and get back to the place I was prior to 2017, but better.
4. Move apartments. I’ve been wanting to change things up recently and I think moving will help. As my dad calls it, the geographical cure. While I’m still going to stay in LA, I want to move into a new apartment. It’s time to redo my decor and just have a place that is my own. My sanctuary.
5. Focus on the blog. I’m not going to lie. I kind of feel like I’ve sort of neglected this blog in the second half of last year. I didn’t do it on purpose but with everything going on in my life, it kind of just fell to the side. But I love this blog. I love writing these posts for you guys and connecting with all of you. I really want to put my time and energy into growing this blog and making it even better in 2018.
6. Travel more. This year, I really want to get out and travel as much as I can. I already have a few trips planned this year that I’m excited to take. The next one being Charleston, SC. So if you guys have ever been there and have any recommendations, please let me know!
7. Get organized. I’m a naturally messy person. It’s bad. I hate cleaning, it’s kind of my least favorite thing in THE WORLD. Like seriously. Just ask my mom LOL. That being said, I’m trying to revamp and refresh my life and that means get organized. Starting with, making my bed every morning. Got to start somewhere right?
8. Be happy. Above all, I just want to be happy in 2018.
What are your goals for 2018? Let me know in the comments below!
*Also, if you like this cute pup in my pics, be sure to go follow her on Instagram @mydogbaguette!
Photography by: Jordan Zobrist