Hey guys its Catherine from Collective Passions! Today I’m going to be sharing a yummy recipe perfect for meal prepping for the week. This recipe is something I came up with when I was tired of making eggs every single day, why go through that trouble when you can just reheat an egg bake? An egg bake is extremely versatile so feel free to add your favorite veggies and cheeses.
I have experimented with different versions and found this combination works best.
Egg Bake Recipe
1 Carton of Egg Whites
One medium Zucchini
Half a carton of mini portabella mushrooms
Half a carton of tomatoes (or more depending on your preference)
Add any veggie you want: onions, spinach, peppers, etc.
Add cheese on top (highly suggested), I usually add Daiya cheese, but cheddar would taste great as well.
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Get out a large bowl, add your egg white carton and four eggs to the bowl
whisk together and place aside
- In the meantime, get our your veggies and start chopping! I suggest chopping the veggies into smaller pieces.
- Add all the veggies with the eggs in the bowl and mix together
- Spray a pan (I use olive oil spray, or coconut oil spray) I usually use a large rectangular glass Pyrex pan (about 4 quartz) and pour your bowl into the pan
- Spread everything over evenly and add your cheese to the top
- Bake for 30 minutes (add or minus 5 minutes depending on your pan size)
- Cut into squares and cool completely before putting it in the refrigerator (to avoid condensation and the egg bake getting soggy)
This recipe is super easy to make, it’ll take less than 20 minutes to prepare, and is perfect for on the go. Have you ever made an egg bake or egg muffins before? Leave it in the comments.